Useful to know
We are delighted that you are interested in visiting Halmstad Theater! To make planning your visit as easy as possible we have compiled information that may be helpful.
When should I arrive at the theater?
Arrive in good time so that you and your party can enjoy drinks and snack and take in the theater’s ornamentation by famous artists. The doors open one hour before the performance. Arrive no later than 20 minutes before the performance so that you have time to leave your coat in the wardrobe and find your seat. Welcome!
For the wellbeing and safety of all our visitors, coats and large bags are not permitted in the auditorium.
You can purchase your wardrobe ticket in advance when you book your theater tickets. It only costs SEK 20 per outer garment and you will be able to use the express window on the left-hand side of the wardrobe (as seen from the staircase), which will speed up your arrival.
Pay on arrival
If you choose to pay for a wardrobe ticket on arrival, it will cost you SEK 40 per outer garment.
The wardrobe is free of charge for children under 12 years of age.
- Upper foyer: toilets are on the left after the wardrobe.
- Festsalen: immediately to the right beneath the stairs and further into the Festsalen foyer.
- Figarosalen: beneath the stairs on either side of the bar.
- Conference rooms: outside all conference rooms.
There are accessible toilets adjacent to all toilets. For more details about accessible toilets, please see under Accessibility.
Pauses last for approximately 20 minutes, although not all shows have an pause. See what applies to your visit under the heading Event calendar. You can book a table for the pause by speaking to a member of the Theater Bar staff.
Halmstad Tourist Centre is beside the main entrance
Since the end of March 2020, you can visit Halmstad Tourist Centre External link, opens in new window. in its new premises in the theater’s lower foyer. Staff in the centre will be happy to answer any questions about Halmstad Theater or the city in general. Halmstad Tourist Centre acts as the theater’s box office and is open before performances at Halmstad Theater.
Both the Theater Bar and the wardrobe accept payment by card and cash. We do not accept American Express.
Feel free to purchase your wardrobe ticket when booking your theater tickets, as this is both cheaper and quicker once you arrive at the theater. See wardrobe prices above.
While it is certainly nice to dress up to visit the theater, this is entirely up to you. Come as you are and enjoy the show!
Not all shows permit photography and/or filming. Speak to the janitor at the door to the auditorium if you are unsure.
Children are more than welcome as long as the show in question does not have an age limit. All children up to the age of 12 can use the wardrobe free of charge.
A limited number of cushions are available to borrow free of charge just inside the doors of the Grand Auditorium and Figaro Hall.
Flowers to the cast
Would you like to show your appreciation by sending flowers to a member of the cast? Please leave bouquets with staff in the Theater Bar before the show and they will be happy to ensure that they reach the right person. Remember to attach a card with the name(s) of the intended recipient.
Bor du utanför Halmstad och vill övernatta finns det gott om alternativ med gångavstånd till teatern. Du väljer om du vill bo lyxigt eller lite enklare. På destinationhalmstad.se hittar du bra tips på vandrarhem, hotell, campingar, gästhamnar med mera External link, opens in new window..
Hotel in city
They are plenty of hotels within walking distance of the theater if you are not a resident of Halmstad and would like to stay overnight in the city. Choose whether you would prefer to stay in luxury or in slightly simpler accommodation. You can find useful tips on hotels, hostels, campsites, guest marinas, etc. at destinationhalmstad.se.
- Hotel Natti Natti External link, opens in new window. – Located half way between Halmstad Central Station and Halmstad Theater. 400 metres.
- Scandic Hallandia External link, opens in new window. – With views of both Halmstad Castle and the River Nissan. 450 metres.
- Hotel Continental Relax och spa External link, opens in new window. – Hotel with spa. 500 metres.
- Best Western plus Grand hotel External link, opens in new window. – Opposite Halmstad Central Station and bus terminal. 550 metres.
- Hotel Mårtenson External link, opens in new window. – A hotel with a theatrical heritage and rooftop bar overlooking the River Nissan. Reopened in 2021 after a complete renovation. 650 metres.
- ProfilHotels Halmstad Plaza External link, opens in new window. – Newly opened during 2021. Rooftop bar overlooking the city centre. Close to Halmstad Central Station and bus terminal. 650 metres.
- STF hotell & Vandrarhem kaptenshamn External link, opens in new window. – Hotel and hostel close to Halmstad Central Station and bus terminal. 750 metres.
- Clarion Collection Hotel Norre Park External link, opens in new window. – Adjacent to Norre Katts Park. 800 metres.
- Hotel Amadeus External link, opens in new window. – Located in a quiet area of central Halmstad. 1,000 metres.
KClick on the icon in the upper right corner of the map to open in Google maps. To show and hide different layers, click on the icon in the upper left corner of the map.