We are determined that as many people as possible will have access to the full range of events at Halmstad Theatre. To this end, we have compiled a wide range of information about accessibility, such as how you can hear music, how to get about the theatre in a wheelchair, lift availability and airborne allergens. And where are the toilets?
Audio induction loop system
You can borrow receivers tuned into our audio induction loop free of charge. You can then listen via your hearing aid.
- Grand Auditorium: contact cloakroom staff if you need to borrow a receiver for the hearing loop in the Grand Auditorium.
- Banqueting Hall: audio induction loop system available. No receiver is required, simply set your hearing aid to the loop setting.
- Figaro Hall: if you need to borrow a receiver for the hearing loop in the Figaro Hall, please contact a member of staff on arrival.
Designated wheelchair spaces
These places can only be booked via the Halmstad Tourist Centre. Our staff will be only too happy to assist you when you arrive at the theatre.
- Grand Auditorium: there are eight designated wheelchair spaces in Row 24 of the stalls.
- Banqueting Hall: please advise your needs when booking an event and we will prepare your place.
- Figaro Hall: there are four designated wheelchair spaces in the Figaro Hall.
Accessible toilets are available:
- Grand Auditorium: adjacent to the toilets on the left-hand side after the cloakroom.
- Banqueting Hall: adjacent to the gentleman's toilets.
- Conference rooms: adjacent to the Esaias Thorén Room.
- Figaro Hall: to the right of the bar.
Disabled parking (HETER DET VERKLIGEN SÅ?)
Disabled parking spaces can be used free of charge for three hours. Please remember to display your disabled parking permit. You can find information about how to apply for a disabled parking permit for Halmstad on Halmstad Municipality’s website.
- Fredsgatan 2: there is disabled parking at the Nolltrefem cultural house directly opposite the main entrance to Halmstad Theatre. This is approximately 50 metres away from the main entrance on Fredsgatan and 90 metres from the conference entrance on Kungsgatan.
- Skansgatan 1: there is a disabled parking space on the other side of the road on Skansgatan. This is 70 metres away from the conference entrance and approximately 150 metres from the main entrance along Fredsgatan.
- Gamletull Parking Garage: there are two disabled parking spaces right next to the garage entrance. The parking garage is approximately 180 metres from the conference entrance and approximately 300 metres from the main entrance along Fredsgatan.
- Kungsgatan 25B: there is a disabled parking space right outside Halmstad Theatre’s conference entrance. This is 5 metres away from the conference entrance and approximately 150 metres from the main entrance along Fredsgatan.
- Grand Auditorium: there are lifts from the main entrance to the foyer, which leads to the Grand Auditorium. However, you may require assistance to open the lift. You need to press the lift button for the duration of the journey.
- Banqueting Hall: you can use the stairlift yourself but please ask a member of staff if you need assistance.
- Conference rooms: there are lifts up to the 3rd Floor. There is a stairlift on the final section up to the Esaias Thorén Room. Please ask a member of staff if you need assistance.
- Figaro Hall: please contact a member of staff on arrival if you need the lift.
The term assistance dogs refers to guide dogs for people who are visually impaired, service dogs for people with disabilities, and signal dogs for people who are deaf or hearing impaired. Naturally, these animals are always welcome at Halmstad Theatre in the company of their owner.
As many people are allergic to nuts, these have been removed from the range of snacks at the Theatre Bar.
There may people with allergies in the auditorium. Please consider either avoiding the use of perfume or choosing a subtle fragrance. This applies to both ladies and gentlemen.